• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I know my Short Arms don't help, but shocks..

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I have the RE 4.5" wit ha 3/4" spacer up front for my bumper. Anyways I know my shaft arms are killing my ride (after 1.5 years its getting old as much as I drive) So I decide to swap out my 242 and get a 231 and TNT LAs. So my question is after the long arm upgrade is it worth me also going to a softer shock? I have RE Monotubes and I am pretty sure they are quite stiff, Would OME or Bilsteins be better for a DD?

Those should probably be ok. I have bilstiens and drop brackets, and believe me the drop brackets made for more difference than the shocks did.

Im running RE montubes w/ my RK 3-link and it rides very soft.... I think that going from SA's to LA's will make more than enough difference in ride quality... I'd keep the Monotubes, the OME's are just too soft IMO. Or, if you really want to spend some coin buy some Bilsteins but you really want see any noticieable difference (excpet you can buy some longer shocks).

Yeah guess it'd be better to wait and see how much better the ride will be, I am sure I;ll be more than happy with just the LA upgrade.

Back