• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: Looking for light weight CHEAP Pop up trailer

justme

NAXJA Forum User
I'd like to find a CHEAP lightweight CHEAP basic CHEAP pop up trailer with just a bed, stove, and sink CHEAP. The only real requirements are that the canvas is good, and it pulls down the road. (and did I mention CHEAP?)Thanks!

justme said:
I'd like to find a CHEAP lightweight CHEAP basic CHEAP pop up trailer with just a bed, stove, and sink CHEAP. The only real requirements are that the canvas is good, and it pulls down the road. (and did I mention CHEAP?)Thanks!

Keep an eye on ksl.com. If there are any CHEAP popup's around they will be in there. I have been thinking the same thing.

I missed one on ksl for $150 (and it had a shower!). It sold within the hour it was posted. So now I check it multiple times a day. But being up here in Evanston, all the good ones go too fast for me. There's even been two free ones given away on there - cuz they needed repairs. I'll have to catch one on a weekend when I'm in Utah. I'm hoping to find one for $100 - $200. It's amazing me how the new ones go for upwards of $6,000 - 9,000!!! You can get a good motorhome for that much. Or, a small toy hauler. But the pop-ups sure sell fast when they're priced right.

I was recently in the same boat you are in. KSL is where I finally found mine. Like was posted, if you find one come up, you need to just about be banging on the guys door within the hour or it will be gone. I lucked out on mine. He posted it in the morning. I called to see if I could come see it after work. I was like the 15th person to call he said. But for some reason he told everyone else it would have to wait until the weekend. But he let me go over that night. I paid the man $500 and drove like mad to get the trailer away from there before anyone else could show up with the money. I was looking to buy one for about 2 months before I lucked out and got mine.

I found mine for $500 on KSL and told the guy I would give him $300 cash. He said ok, I went and got it an hour later:canada:

Found one! Would have liked to pay a lot less, but I'm impatient and this one is SUPER light weight. It's a scamper and I'm told it's about the smallest you can get. You can hardly tell it's behind you.
My friend in Orem ran up to Riverton and bought it for me. Otherwise I'd have never gotten down there in time. Now we've got something to sleep in on the Vernal trip!

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&ad=1145321&cat=149&lpid=9

CJJ_98_XJ said:
I was recently in the same boat you are in. KSL is where I finally found mine. Like was posted, if you find one come up, you need to just about be banging on the guys door within the hour or it will be gone. I lucked out on mine. He posted it in the morning. I called to see if I could come see it after work. I was like the 15th person to call he said. But for some reason he told everyone else it would have to wait until the weekend. But he let me go over that night. I paid the man $500 and drove like mad to get the trailer away from there before anyone else could show up with the money. I was looking to buy one for about 2 months before I lucked out and got mine.

Got any photos? I've never looked at tent trailers until the last couple of weeks, and I'd like to know if they're all pretty much the same.

Back