• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door Decal

Nevada1

NAXJA Forum User
I have been looking for a factory or reproduction decal set for the DRIVERS door on a 1984 Cherokee Chief. Is this available?? Does anyone have a set in a dark corner they want to part with??

Paul
[email protected]

Not sure on reproduction, but a sign shop can make you some copies If you have a tracing or photo they can scan in to their software

There are 2 styles that where used, and both are discontinued. you can have a dealer run a locate to see if anyone might still have one left on thier shelves. As mentioned before, you can have a sign shop make one for you.

THANKS for your help here. This has been a real snipe hunt! I also now believe they are not available anymore. There might be one hiding in a dusty corner somewhere, but it would be just dumb luck to find one. I’ve thought about having one made, but I don’t have a pattern (only the one on a crunched door) I have also considered just doing it with paint, which is probably what I will end up doing. This is a REAL sweet little 1984 Cherokee that only has 50k ORIGINAL miles. It didn’t have a mark on it until the other day when I hit the gate pulling out. Needless to say, I was furious at myself. I found a nice junkyard door for $75 and all I need to do is paint it.

If anyone hears of something, let me know...

Like XJLaredo said, a dealer can do a computer search of every dealer in the country with the punch of a few buttons. If it is in inventory anywhere, they can find it. I found a cozy wing handle for a SJ that way.

...or, you can spend an hour with some masking tape and a can of spray paint. (well, maybe a couple hours).

if its 1 color have a sign shop do it in vinyl after a color match(they prob have to order it)
if its like shaded or changes color theyll have to print it. take some work.
but either way they can do it. i have a vinyl cutter and have redone original graphics before. takes time to redraw and get it right.
prob looking at 65 for drawing it out and maybe another 100 for the decals
just taking a stab because sign shops are sometimes all over the place. if its a custom color they dont use they may charge for the whole roll since they wont use it again. if you do get it done get a manufacturer name and number of the vinyl used so you can match it in the future.

Back