• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adventure Day

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
Just want to run an idea past you all.

On one of the days...maybe Friday we are thinking of doing an "Adventure" day.

This would be a day of no scheduled trails where you could run what you want, go to Arches, hang out in town or get with your buddies and run a trail that may not be "officially" on the list

DrMoab said:

This would be a day of no scheduled trails where you could run what you want, go to Arches, hang out in town or get with your buddies and run a trail that may not be "officially" on the list

Ali and I usually do the wine tasting and arches day. there are 3 wineries in MOAB

We had planned to lead the day but found out timing wont work this year so we wont attend.

There is a trail that is dirt road that loops through arches from the top side, through an old uranium mine and down the northwest side of arches. You can get to and see several of the arches that most never get to. the out is through some pretty deep sand dunes

DrMoab said:

Why make it official? Folks do that anyways. And while the old timers at the event can figure things out and arrange their own "entertainment" some of the newcommers might actually benefit from runs every day.

Kejtar said:
Why make it official? Folks do that anyways. And while the old timers at the event can figure things out and arrange their own "entertainment" some of the newcommers might actually benefit from runs every day.
I hate to say it but I agree with everything Remi says.

Every Fall Fling I have found something to so on at least one of the days other than running an official trail. People can choose their own adventure on those days when the trail offerings don't appeal to them... even go 'wheeling with Toyotas! :wierd:

orig.jpg

If the problem is finding enough reliable trail leaders to fill all of the slots maybe we can figure out a good incentive for volunteers.

Handlebars said:
If the problem is finding enough reliable trail leaders to fill all of the slots maybe we can figure out a good incentive for volunteers.

Raffle tickets maybe?..

Back