• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

d44 gear setup question

DurbElites

NAXJA Forum User
I am setting up my 44 with 4.88's from precision gear and am running into problems after i used my new bearings. I started using my setup bearings and everything lined up perfect, so i switched knowing that the pattern would change a little after the new bearings went in and heres the prob. i get a pattern thats a little too deep on the pinion but only in three spots on the ring gear and a little on the toe side and the backlash is at .07. Caps torqued to 60= good pattern. torqued to 80= hits the pinion in three spots because of pinion depth not hard but it has 0 backlash. so i took out a shim from the pinion and ran it, now its way to shallow. so i put it back the pinion and moved the carrier away from the pinion and i get a centered to heel contact and a little shallow and backlash is at .10. so should i move the carrier back towards the pinion a shim and run it a little deep on the tooth contact or... (insert opinion here)

I ran in to the same type of problems. My set up bearings were narrower than my new bearings. Check to see if your bearings ar different.

Back