• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ring gear help?

XLR8R

NAXJA Forum User
Hiya...I did a search, even went through the Dana site, but can't figure out the gear ratio yet, and I dread trying to count em. :)

I have two Dana 30's and I am trying to determine the ratios on them.
One reads: 594 2 1792 Dana D 42701 P8L374 89 11

the other reads: 706 5 1289 Dana D 42701 P8L40 39 11

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Oh, if given a chance, what would be my upgrade option for the front axle? Is there a bolt on alternative?

the last part of the part # should reference the number of teeth on the ring and pinion. If I'm thinking correctly the second number makes sense (39 divided by 11 = 3.55) the first one, makes no sense, unless the "89" could be a "39" also.

It very well could be, they are tough to read. That would stand to reason too, as I am pretty sure the first one is a 3:55.
Thanks!

On my D30, there is a little tag on the left hand side of the diff cover if your looking at it, and it told me the gear ratio I had.

bfred said:
the last part of the part # should reference the number of teeth on the ring and pinion. If I'm thinking correctly the second number makes sense (39 divided by 11 = 3.55) the first one, makes no sense, unless the "89" could be a "39" also.

I agree, both probably 3.55

Back