• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ long arm lift kit w/ frt axle rear leafs 8"?

Todd.Johnson

NAXJA Forum User
I have a long arm rock cralwer lift kit for an XJ which is about an 8"+ lift with the front dana 35 axle set up for the arms. The front utilizes a single gas shock ( included ) on each side no coil springs. The rear is a leaf spring set up. It was originally on a 2001 and now sits under an '84 so it can be put on anything you got. The front is a weld on kit and the front axle needs a u-joint and the outer stub on the drivers side. The jeep had 35" tires under and cleared with no trouble. I live in Phelan, CA. with is out by Victorville / high desert. Please contact me via e-mail with any questions. I will tyr to get pics of the set up soon. I am asking $1750.00 obo for all the long arms, hoops, shocks, frt axle and rear springs.

More parts to be listed soon. I need to pay taxes. LOL

Thx, Todd
[email protected]

dude maybe slow down and get more accurate info as to what you have and be alot more specific. It at one point sounds like you have a complete jeep for sale? Then you mention Dana 35 front? Thats not happen'in. and then the price? maybe see what this kit sells for new. Just trying to help ya. I see yoru new around these parts and all this that I mentioned is only going to do ya no good un'till fixed.

ROBERTK said:
dude maybe slow down and get more accurate info as to what you have and be alot more specific. It at one point sounds like you have a complete jeep for sale? Then you mention Dana 35 front? Thats not happen'in. and then the price? maybe see what this kit sells for new. Just trying to help ya. I see yoru new around these parts and all this that I mentioned is only going to do ya no good un'till fixed.

What are you talking about, did you even read it? No where does it say I have a jeep for sale. As listed it is the LIFT KIT that uses long arms on the front and leafs in the back, what is the confusion? I have listed that the front axle is included because it is modified to accept the shocks. It is the stock front axle off a 2001 xj maybe it's a dana 30 not sure, I am not Mr. Jeep so I appologize. The kit was custom built for a magazine shoot a few years back so I am not sure exactly what the lift and travel is. I have tried to give as much detail since I do not have pics yet. Price? maybe too much for you or what are you trying to say, be more detailed please. " I'm just saying." If you are trying to help me, then help me with info. Like I said e-mail me and I can give more info. I am trying to get pics so everyone can see what it is.

So again if there is anyone looking for something along this line please e-mail me and I can answer any questions. I just want to sell the parts I got that's all nothing more nothing less. Make me an offer or let me know what it is worth I have no idea. I only know what I have been told and that it would cost like $3,000 for this lift, that may be wrong I don't know.

ROBERTK said:

never thought any of that. maybe you shoud just slow down and read

but he is right about the dana 35 should be dana 30

I guess I hurt some poor idiots feelings and must retrack my post. I forgot that its ok for some to talk shit but not others..

Last edited:
rockwerks said:
never thought any of that. maybe you shoud just slow down and read

but he is right about the dana 35 should be dana 30

Dude he mentions a weld on kit, well the only part of a RK kit that is weld on is the frame side. then goes on to say you get the dana 35 and also referencing a front alxe is included? Then some "hoops" are included. Thats odd for a XJ?

ROBERTK said:
Dude he mentions a weld on kit, well the only part of a RK kit that is weld on is the frame side. then goes on to say you get the dana 35 and also referencing a front alxe is included? Then some "hoops" are included. Thats odd for a XJ?

If you read the post you would see it no longer uses coils but either air shocks or coilovers.....which would need a hoop. now go away

ROBERTK said:
Ok be an ass to a guy that can be a bigger ass and really tear your overpriced Crap apart.

Like for one that POS lift can be had for about 1400$, maybe less even.
SKU: RKXJ80XF+LA
Suggested Retail: $1,999.00
So for 1500 you get all new parts with all the brackets that are now welded to your XJ or the one that this lift came from, right? Oh wait you mentioned something about some "Gas shocks"?? well that means theres no lift in the front? If its a air shock then its about a even trade in total price but a more unstable setup, expecially on the front of a full body and hopfully setup rig thats about 2500lbs in the front. Air shocks are not rated for that kinda wieght.​

as for throwing in a dana 30 front axle, thats nice and all but, since its from a 01 its going to be low pinion and a Down grade Weaker design axle then say 75-80% of xj's out there. One that anyone in their right mind wold not replace their high pinion with.​

So, next time you are given some advise maybe dont be a tool and maybe just read whats said and maybe take it for what its worth and maybe there actually is some validity to it.​

You forgot to point out the part where I am selling a whole jeep, I still don't see that. How do you know it is crap,? You have not even seen it, se enow you are just all upset over nothing. Your the one that jumped on me I did nothing. I am sure you can be an ASS as shown as can I if so desire, but if you are trying to help help is all I was saying not the BS you posted about not happin'in and price and what ever else. All you have to say is I think that is priced high and maybe are you sure about the axle? I make mistakes I am human and I fixed it so no big deal.
If you are not interested in buying something like this then why spend all the time on it? Thanks for the price input I will look that kit up and see if it is the same. Like I said before I have no idea what it is worth only what I am told. So IF you are correct on this kit then mine should be about $1000 or so.

Again you are correct I said gas shocks, but they are Fox air shocks, but all that can be changed and the hoops for the front shocks don't have to be used, you can go to coils as is what I was going to do. What about your opinion on the rear springs? Good or bad idea?

Thanks for the help,
Todd

rockwerks said:
If you read the post you would see it no longer uses coils but either air shocks or coilovers.....which would need a hoop. now go away

Ok you want to continue with your ignorance?

Where the hell do you install a Hoop on the front of a XJ???? :laugh: unless you cage it and tie to the cage or significant unirail tie ins, of which I dont think would ever be removed suffieciently enough to reuse?

rockwerks said:

Thanks I was starting to think I was the problem. LOL

Yes, it uses FOX AIR SHOCK not GAS shocks. I appologize for that, my mistake, but should have been obvious if you know this stuff.
Please e-mail me any questions. If you think it is over priced PLEASE let me know what it is worth on the used market. This kit is not piece of crap by any means it is built very strong and with high quality parts. All the steering rods and drop arm is heimed as well as the long arms. It is a nice kit and I hope to post pics soon. Now are we back on track yet?

ROBERTK said:
Ok you want to continue with your ignorance?

Where the hell do you install a Hoop on the front of a XJ???? :laugh: unless you cage it and tie to the cage or significant unirail tie ins, of which I dont think would ever be removed suffieciently enough to reuse?

He needs pics real bad, no imagination I guess. Open the box, bolt on, go. Am I being an ass yet? The wheel wells are opened up for the hoops in place of the coils. I await your next issue.

Todd.Johnson said:
Thanks I was starting to think I was the problem. LOL

Yes, it uses FOX AIR SHOCK not GAS shocks. I appologize for that, my mistake, but should have been obvious if you know this stuff.
Please e-mail me any questions. If you think it is over priced PLEASE let me know what it is worth on the used market. This kit is not piece of crap by any means it is built very strong and with high quality parts. All the steering rods and drop arm is heimed as well as the long arms. It is a nice kit and I hope to post pics soon. Now are we back on track yet?

I do but as I First stated you really need to get all the info and post it. And accuratly. It will not only poss help your sell but also make for a fail sale as that way the person interested isnt miss led, even if it is by mistake.

And yes I know what you ment but some would be just cornfused to all high hell. Thats why I posted what I did in my FIRST post.

like now, is it with the steering included? That sifnificantly helps the sale at that price. You say all are hiems? Well maybe double or triple check those control arms. RK has not used hiems in about 4 maybe 5 yrs. What they do use are whats known as a orbital eye / cartridge style joint (Krawler joint), of which is fully rebuildable. That alone is also a better selling feature.

I am sure its good quality, but theres alot of holes in this and that, oh which is pretty important if your expecting someone to pay that kinda money for this setup. I am not saying that its not possible worth it, just that with what you discribed, its hard to see.

ROBERTK said:
I do but as I First stated you really need to get all the info and post it. And accuratly. It will not only poss help your sell but also make for a fail sale as that way the person interested isnt miss led, even if it is by mistake.

And yes I know what you ment but some would be just cornfused to all high hell. Thats why I posted what I did in my FIRST post.

like now, is it with the steering included? That sifnificantly helps the sale at that price. You say all are hiems? Well maybe double or triple check those control arms. RK has not used hiems in about 4 maybe 5 yrs. What they do use are whats known as a orbital eye / cartridge style joint (Krawler joint), of which is fully rebuildable. That alone is also a better selling feature.

I am sure its good quality, but theres alot of holes in this and that, oh which is pretty important if your expecting someone to pay that kinda money for this setup. I am not saying that its not possible worth it, just that with what you discribed, its hard to see.

Ok. This is not an RK kit so it may be different then what they build, I am not familiar with them. Like I said if anyone was interested and asked questions I would have explained what it was and what they would be getting.
Thanks for changing your tone and letting everyone know that it might not be crap after all.

""" steering and track bar included also the rear GAS shocks """

I will have pics on Monday.
I am not sure how to post them here so I can e-mail them upon request. I think I will start a new thread once I have the pics. I looked at the long arm RK and a few other kits I could find and this is nothing like them. This kit uses a single arm the comes off the chassis to the frt axle then has additional arms off that same arm to the top frt axle mounts. I guess you would call it a 2 link the others are like a four link. So in short it has 2 real long bottom arms and no top arms. This is a serious rock crawler frontend.

I will get the pics......

jeep-lt-1.jpg

jeep-lt-2.jpg

jeep-lt-3.jpg

jeep-lt-5.jpg

jeep-lt-7.jpg

jeep-lt-11.jpg

jeep-lt-4.jpg

jeep-lt-8.jpg

jeep-lt-6.jpg

Here are a few pics. Let me know what you think it is worth. I can get more pics if needed.

Thx, Todd

Back