• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My OBA setup

kemosabee

NAXJA Forum User
So I had the compressor and tank for awhile and finally decided to get it installed in the Jeep, but where? I had built a storage box last year for the rear so I decided to trim it down a little bit and see if I can mount the compressor and tank in there. I got it installed with about 15 trips to the local Home Depot and Krogers and am glad that I finally got it installed and working.

Temporary switch and gauge location
KemoS068.jpg

Tank location
KemoS069.jpg

KemoS071.jpg

Compressor
KemoS074.jpg

KemoS072.jpg

I want to finish the box by either adding some struts to it so I don't have to use my backcountry shovel to hold it up or add drawers and a table feature to it.

So what do you think?

go buy some new struts from the stealership and use it for the box...then if one goes out on your lift gate you have stairs;)

Yeah, I took the sticker off of it and since I have a bunch of BFG stickers on it I decided to slap that on there instead. Probably will make more compartments for it, I don't want the crap in the back to hit the compressor and damage it so I'll build a little structure around it so it's protected, maybe with some vents and such so I can keep the box closed when using it. Need to carpet it or slap some rubber mats on it, the dog slips and slides all over the place!

Looks good. One suggestion I'd like to make is that you make sure when you shut the lid, the leader hose does not touch anything, especially your other air hoses. It gets very hot and would melt a hole in that yellow air hose in a second.

Cool thanks, I was planning on changing it up a little bit soon, adding a vent and maybe a fan to keep things cooled in there while i have the lid closed. I also was planning to "box" in that area and clean up the cables.

Back