• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OT: Beer choices

Gerr

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so my wife doesnt like beer, so I was wondering if there is a sweeter type of beer my wife might like? Im very partial to pear cider but it is hard to find up near us and while she didnt hate it it wasnt to her liking either.

I don't remember the name of it but there is a beer from Belgium that has a lot of rasberry in it (and you can taste it). It is in a thick bottle with a red cap over the top. It is a premium beer and you will only be able to find it in places with good selection.

If I happen to run across it I'll let you know the name.

some of the sam adams specials are pretty sweet, i dont like sweet beers so i cant tell ya which ones :D try the smaller name brewerys you find at the liquor stores, they usually have a sweeter taste IMO.
i'll drink anything tho so maybe im the wrong person to ask.

I used to drink cider a lot.. hmmm.. Pyramid makes a few different flavored beer.. I remember having a peach bear and it did have a peachy taste to it.. Some honey beer is sweet.

Has she tried Mike's Hard Lemonade?? They are SWEET...

Also, sometimes I'll drink Merlot wine with ice.. I think Chardonnay is sweeter than Merlot..

Heck.. Orange juice and vodka or tequila.. :gee:

Name that movie --- "Drink Up Johnny"

Elias

My girlfriend likes beer with a shot of grenadine. I tried it once and I almost gagged. I guess there's no accounting for taste.

my wife likes Hornsby's Apple Cider. It comes in a bunch of flavors and it is awesome.

sasparilla...it tastes like rootbeer just with alcohol and a little sweeter. Hard cider? hooch? boons farms? any fruit based beer has a semi-fruity after taste but still tastes like beer....I like apricot and blueberry. A heff with a Large slice of lemon is what my wife likes......me......I like free. Drinking Budweiser (regular) right now, but I prefer the strongest stout money can buy. mmmmmmmmmmmm...BEER!

GNARLY1 said:
sasparilla...it tastes like rootbeer just with alcohol and a little sweeter.
Who makes sarsparilla with alcohol? Had it many times, and like it alot, but never heard of any with acohol in it.

Iv got some apricot hef thats halfway decent.

Beer is not supposed to be sweet!

The more bitter, the more I like it. I'm very partial to IPA's, and my favorites are the ones from Stone Brewing. Arrogant Bastard > *

Try darker ones, they aren't necessarily sweet, but have more of a coffee or chocolate taste. Maybe a porter or stout would be good.

IslanderOffRoad said:
Arrogant Bastard > *

When you said you liked bitters I was going to recomend the bastard.

bastard.jpg

IslanderOffRoad said:
. Arrogant Bastard

mmmmmmmmmmm there is a bar on the redondo beach pier called nadja's that has AB on tap, every once in awhile they have bastard night 1.oo pints and they give away AB t shirts and such, its lots of fun!

GrimmJeeper said:
mmmmmmmmmmm there is a bar on the redondo beach pier called nadja's that has AB on tap, every once in awhile they have bastard night 1.oo pints and they give away AB t shirts and such, its lots of fun!

I've heard of this place, perhaps we should do a M&G there?

GSequoia said:
When you said you liked bitters I was going to recomend the bastard.

bastard.jpg

You just reminded me I have a double bastard in the fridge

Back