• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replacement seats

cuchulainn

NAXJA Forum User
I would have put this in the OEM section except I really don't want factory seats. I mean hell if I am going to have to replace why not get some really nice ones. At any rate the drivers side seat has broken loose from 2 of the bolts the front left and the rear right (it is like having a rocking chair inside). I have searched and the only nice seats I can find are mastercraft which I would love to have but at $500 - $750 a seat there is no way I can afford one right now much less two. Whatever I buy I am going to end up wanting two seats just so that they match. Any ideas?

500 a piece? where you buying them? Pier one?
I got my Mastercrafts for 268 ea. That being said, Go for a suspension seat of any type.

PRP is my choice......www.prpseats.com is the place to see them. I've got a Daily Driver which is a little lower on the side bolsters but still keeps you firmly planted offroad.

We run the Corbeau Forza (black vinyl cause it's cheap to repair and won't stain or fade) seats and brackets.

Things to like:

1) double locking sliders
2) 5pt harness support
3) DOM tubular steel frame (strong)
4) pirelli webbing
5) inflatable lumbar support really makes a difference on the kidneys
6) sits lower for folks who are taller or just like to sit lower
7) light weight (weighs about 20lbs per seat with mounts)

Takes about a week to get used to (vision restriction due to head restraints), but is worth every moment once you get used to them. In the corners and in the dunes, it makes it way easier to stay planted. I run RCI 5pt harnesses with mine. Anything beats the stock seatbelts! :D

I payed $360 for the seats and $100 for the mounts.

I run a set of Corbeau CR1s and love them. But they are pricey. Just think though... These are something that you will be sitting in on both the trails and while you drive so you need to find something that is both comfortable and nice.

Now on a side note I am getting rid of my stock ones soon pm me if you would like.

Daffy please let me know where you got some Mastercraft for that price. If I can get them for that I can afford to get a pair.

Here's a picture of the Forzas.

2z3td3r.jpg

I have a 1988 LTD with internal roll cage. When I tried to put in some seats from a local shop they would not fit because the bottom of the seat was too wide and if I put spacers under the seat to raise it then my head was in the roll bar. Has anyone got a after market that will fit in the narrow space between the trans. tunnel and the door.

No problem installing extra-wide Corbeau's!
0603997-r1-046-21a.jpg

just found your reply thanks. did you have to raise the seat or put a spacer under the slider? I tried to use the factory elect pedestal with all kinds of mods but nothing worked then I put the new seat on the floor but the seat was too wide at the base to fit

Back