• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2" bastard pack

XJ5

NAXJA Forum User
97 4.0 AW4, 8.25 I would like to add 2" lift using new stock leaf packs and my old pack for the aal. I was thinking about using the top two leafs from my pack and taking out the short bottom leaf from the new pack. Has anyone tried this? I want to be able to fit 30's, have a nice ride, and avoid a sye if possible. For the front I have 5.9 ZJ coils and upcountry shocks. TIA

I just received a copy of Zappe's book "Building you XJ" or something like that. I recall him writing that you should use a LONG leaf as an AAL. Depending how worn your old leaves are you might consider a new leaf pack and shackle. I'm no expert, but I have been doing some reading because I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

Sorry if that was confusing. I want to add the old main and second leaf to the new pack while taking out the short bottom leaf from the new pack.

You should be fine w/o having to remove the shortest leaf. In fact, I'd leave it on there to help prevent axle wrap and leaf inversion.

I did this same pack, plus a shackle and got around 4". I used the double leaf liner, and it flexes like crazy. If you want some of the liner PM me.

Back