• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MY CHOP TOP ATTEMPT

kcsterling

NAXJA Forum User
DSC02732.jpg

DSC02733.jpg

DSC02734.jpg

Not sure how I feel about it yet, I decided to chop the top before adding my lift, tires and wheels. I felt like this was going to be my biggest challenge. I still plan to make a rear tailgate cage with an inner mount for a full size spare, similar to a prerunner style rear cage. Mine will tilt down to unload the spare. Cut fenders and tj flares are also in the works as well as full tube bumpers with a frt winch mount. So much work to fit into my already busy schedule. The chop took me the better part of three days and I finished the rear in roll on bed liner and hope I don't get any water leaks.

Looks Good. Did you do the back with the rear of a camper shell?
When ya get a chance post more pic's and a write up.

looks nice i like the room behind the rear headrests that extra 4 inches or so comes in handy for anyone in the back seat.

I dig the way these look, i am just curious what all you guys carry in the rear that this is necessary ? Dont get me wrong it looks cool, the bed is to short to haul wood or a quad ... so i have to ask.

motorcityxj said:
looks nice i like the room behind the rear headrests that extra 4 inches or so comes in handy for anyone in the back seat.

I dig the way these look, i am just curious what all you guys carry in the rear that this is necessary ? Dont get me wrong it looks cool, the bed is to short to haul wood or a quad ... so i have to ask.
I think you can haul more before you chop it

Holy crap dude, looks good, I kinda like how it looks without a tailgate actually.
I'm so jealous of you people with chop tops, and they all look good too...
and again, it looks good man!
I kind of have the same question as motorcityxj, what where you planning to use that little bed for? if anything.

motorcityxj said:

I've wondered that too, it would seem that even the crew cab compact trucks that Toyota, Nissan, Ford, and GM make with even a 4ft bed would be useless for anything but someplace to put a muddy spare tire.

that looks sick man, i think it will look great with a cage and a lift, it looks good and functional, u still have all four doors and a now u have great bed to toss u muddy jeep stuff.

keep up the good work and keep us updated on ur progress!!

"That looks good" And coming from a bodyman you should take some pride in that. I am not sure why he did his, but up here in the PNW the upper rear quarter/roof is one of the first parts that get smashed by the trees.

3 DAYS!!! It's looks that sweet in just 3 DAYS. How may teams of men did it take working 24 to do it.:)
If the tailgate looks half as good I will hate you for ever.:)

This is thread is not properly titled! That is definitely NOT an attempt! Nice work!

Back