• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ghetto Bumper time!

DrSockMonkey

NAXJA Forum User
Well, after a lot of procrastinating, I finally got my new front grille guard mounted! I ended up making 4" slots in the bumper for the Grille guard tabs to slide into and then welded them together. I also mounted my CB antenna's to the grille guard, I will most likely paint the hardware black so it does not stick out like a shiny sore thumb. Anyhow, pretty pleased with it for $50. Let me know what you think. My plan is to make my roof rack no taller than my antenna's so it will serve as a good guide. Oh I almost forgot checkout the sweet Chinese lights that came with it!!!

2n9dp29.jpg

48pwhfr

TRSCobra said:
Is that brushguard from a Land Rover Discovery?
Thats Spaz's old grill guard I would ask him

My wife thinks it now looks like a land rover too. I think it was from a nissan pathfinder maybe. Of course it's Spazmoids old grilleguard, The chinese lights were the tipoff. But how does it look? Good ? Bad? lastara?
TRSCobra said:

Last edited:
the thir... I mean first one yeah thats it the first one

TRSCobra said:

My guess is NO. The ends go too far back to be from a disco.
I am curiouse what it is from also?

Looks good on the Jeep.
Michael

DrSockMonkey said:

no fender flair, that fall off due to rubbing? or are you getting ready to trim?

I think it looks better than any brushguard I've ever seen. I usually hate those things. I don't really know why I have an ARB on my pretty rig, I hate those too.

PRevious Owner had an accident. Not trimming yet. Gonna run 31's until I get my Dana 44 rear or maybe an 8.8 then I will regear and go to 33's or so. Then I may do some trimming with some TJ flares. They don't look too bad when done with care.
WaXJ_Skier said:
no fender flair, that fall off due to rubbing? or are you getting ready to trim?

The guy I bought the grille guard from said it was a nissan pathfinder I think.

2xtreme said:
My guess is NO. The ends go too far back to be from a disco.
I am curiouse what it is from also?

Looks good on the Jeep.
Michael

Last edited:
I love the ARB but it is too much for my low budget ghetto fab project. I would rather spend the dough on an ARB locker or similar. Thanks!
mud1059 said:
I think it looks better than any brushguard I've ever seen. I usually hate those things. I don't really know why I have an ARB on my pretty rig, I hate those too.

Here is a nissan pathfinder one by Waag. Mine has had the bottom portion whacked off though. I think the sticker on it said milnick or something like that. But I don't know if that is the bumper sticker or not.

Nissan99_5Pathfinder.jpg

DrSockMonkey said:
The guy I bought the grille guard from said it was a nissan pathfinder I think.

That "guy" was me. It is not from a Nissan Pathfinder. They make these "MANIK" Bumper for all types of makes and model vehicles, but the one I had was from a Ford Expedition. I did chop off the bottom half as I did like the approach angle.

Looks good Jeremy. I think it looks better on yours then it did on mine.

Have you hooked the lights up yet?

lol

are you goign to leave the "search & rescue" sticker on it? I did notice that when i was tailgating people on the freeway they tended to get out of the way faster, and especially with the one I had on my back window.

Thanks! I just put it on today. I dunno I will probably remove it or paint over it or maybe join search and rescue. I feel posing would be karmically bad. :twak: No on the lights. Soon though. When do I get those other chinese fabulous lights?
SpazMoid said:
lole

are you goign to leave the "search & rescue" sticker on it? I did notice that when i was tailgating people on the freeway they tended to get out of the way faster, and especially with the one I had on my back window.

Last edited:
SpazMoid said:
It is not from a Nissan Pathfinder. They make these "MANIK" Bumper for all types of makes and model vehicles, but the one I had was from a Ford Expedition.

That makes more sense to me than the Disco. I am surprised it doesn't look too wide on the cherokee though?

Looks good!!

Michael

SpazMoid said:
That "guy" was me. It is not from a Nissan Pathfinder. They make these "MANIK" Bumper for all types of makes and model vehicles, but the one I had was from a Ford Explorer?. I did chop off the bottom half as I did like the approach angle.

Back