• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Balancing the tire

muddinxj04

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone heard of using small beads/ball bearings to balance a tire/wheel. I just had it done, and drove 2 hrs. up and back on highway (65-70 mph) and it goes in and out of feeling clean, then shaky as if i have a loose wheel, then back to feeling clean as all get out. I don't know if its just that they need more time to really spread out, or if it was the goofy tire wear, cause they rotated tires...i just don't know what's goin on. Any imput?

Rural King carries some pink liquid that is used for sealing leaks in tires. It also says it aids in tire balance. I put 16 ounces in all of my tires and the shake is considerably less. $19 per gallon.

I did this and had the same thing happen. Sometimes they would balance, sometimes they wouldn't. Sometimes it would take some time before they balanced. So I decided to pull the tire and check how much I put in there, turns out I put way too much in there.

After I remeasured the amounts and now they are good to go...or at least tolerable.

Back