• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how hard is it.....

It's not terribly hard, but a little time consuming. You'll have to take grille off, and the plastic nose off the front, to reveal the front mounting bolts, and you'll have to pop off all the plastic fasteners that hold the plastic fender liner to the body. There's one little brace from about the top center of the wheel arch to the inner fender, which is riveted on the inside, so you'll have to grind or chisel that rivet off. Then remove the torx screws on the top edge, the ones at the rear edge behind the door, and the two at the bottom. If things are a bit rusty, you may have to grind those bottom two off.

It sounds like a lot, but it isn't really that hard. It's easiest to take the fender off with the inner liner and flare attached, and if necessary remove those later.

The front bumper on my '95 SE was easy, but NO plastic cover. The bolt go into clip on nuts, which the clips broke for me when I pulled it. I found perfect replacement clip on nuts at my local ACE hardware store for a couple of bucks.

Rick Anderson said:
The front bumper on my '95 SE was easy, but NO plastic cover. The bolt go into clip on nuts, which the clips broke for me when I pulled it. I found perfect replacement clip on nuts at my local ACE hardware store for a couple of bucks.

Unfortunately it's the fender he's asking about.

Back