• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PDX noob run for discussion...

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
o.k. so the sandflea rally is cancelled.:bawl:

who's interested in a noobie run the weekend of April 28th & 29th?

which date works better?

does browns camp work for everyone?

who's gonna help me organize it?

thoughts ? ? ?

ideas ? ? ?

mojojojo said:
does this mean know one is interested anymore?

how bout just a day run?

anyone?

hello......is this thing on?

It's the weekend, baby. Give it some time for folks to see it. :)

Oddball said:
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

I'll probably be able to make it, I have a new "noise" I have to figure out first. Saturdays are always best you never know when someone will shatter a set of spider gears :D. My guess is that it will just end up being another Browns Camp run. I dont think we have enough people interested in a workshop (2-3 at most) and will show up. However, if there is interest we can certainly dedicate the day to helping them learn and develop technique. I think powerline and hoodraiser are awesome beginner trails. They let you get a feel of what your doing without the white knuckle effect.

On another note when did gas prices all the sudden shoot up, $3.09 :tears:.

TORX

id be up for going.stay the night or not, doesn't matter. also, willing to take a passenger if someone just wants to see what its like.

as for spider gears, i don't have any anymore, so that won't happen to my rig :wave1:

Im down just have to figure out all these new problems anyone volunteer to help me fix my jeep so i can go? :repair::explosion Come on someone take one for the team!

blibra said:
Im down just have to figure out all these new problems anyone volunteer to help me fix my jeep so i can go? :repair::explosion Come on someone take one for the team!

so what are all these new problems?
you should start a new thread about it.
describe the problems with as much detail as you can.

and maybe that'll help some.

I'M A NOOBIE TO BOTH NAXJA AND OREGON, (CORVALLIS). MOVED FROM SOCAL 4 WKS AGO. LOOKING TO GO PLAY IN THE DIRT.

i will be out of town and returning friday night. so i would like to lock this down asap. for me this will just be a day run, still breaking in new parts and such so i want to take it kinda easy. where would you guys like to meet? i say either the rogers turn off, or northplains McD's ?

o.k. so looks like we just got a day run with the usuall suspects.

meet at the Rogers turn off at 9a.m.

pull out at 930a.m.

plan on calling it a day around 2 or 3p.m.

anyone needing directions p.m. me and/or we can meet up along the way.

WheelinJR said:
Corvallis to Browns has to be a good 3+ hour drive

It's about 2 hours for me, and I'm towing. If you take 99W to McMinville and then HWY 47 up to Forest Grove, then HWY 8 to HWY 6 to TSF it is about 100 miles. The road isn't the best but it isn't too bad. I go up that way when I go to TSF (from albany).

it would be a good idea to post a list of thing you will have

IE tow hooks front and rear
kits aid kit
CB
spare tire( added that one for me)
and so on.......

looks like this run is a bust! only one person responded with a definate yes.

so lets bag the whole noobie idea. anyone wanna go wheelin this weekend? . . . . . anyone? . . . . hello. . . . anyone.:dunno:

sometimes i feel so alone :looney:

thats it, i'm starting a new thread.

Back