• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-case unloads with a load thump when going from 4wd to 2wd.

glennv

NAXJA Forum User
I've noticed that the case gets a little louder when it's in 4H and then takes a while for it to come out of 4H when I switch to 2WD. When it does go back to 2WD it does it with a fairly loud bang. Any thoughts?

Every Jeep I have had has done the same thing from time to time except my old FSJ.
I have learned to back-up until the light goes off on my XJ's. Then I have no problem. I think you should reverse after disengaging 4wd anyway. Hope this helps

I've always taken my foot off the gas a couple of times when switching in or out of 4 hi or 4 full time to help it engage or disengage quicker/smoother. Works for me every time.

Does the case act the same if you stop, pu tthe tranny in neutral, sift out of 4hi into 2wd and then back into drive?
I have heard the reversae thing is what you are sapoast to do but I have never needed to do that.

Back