• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electric fan help

xrayjeeper83

NAXJA Forum User
Im installing an electric fan in the XJ. I got it all wired up and running but it wont shut off when I turn off the switch??? I ran it like it says in every write up I have read.

Andrew

I am in the midst of installing the taurus fan, we need more details, whats wired to what is there a relay etc.

xrayjeeper83 said:
How important is the relay?

Andrew

Being a noob here but, somewhat of a veteran elsewhere. The relay is important. The taurus fans also draw beau coup amps at start up. There are VSCs (variable speed controllers) available that start the fans at 60% and then build up steam from there when needed. I have had some very good luck running dual LS1 efans with a Flex-a-lite VSC for several yrs in a non DC application. But you have to look at the source......a noob:doh:

Did you by chance disconnect the temp sensor from the stock sensor? If so that will make your fans come on.....and a check engine light as well.

Originaly I had it bypassing the temp sensor and just wired straight to the relay. Now Im trying to wire in a switch so I can turn on the aux fan when I want but when I turn the switch to the off post. the temp sensor takes over, like the write up on projectxj.com but of course that doesnt work ethier so its completely back to stock.

Andrew

Back