• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE MFG Twin Tube Shocks

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
Gonna order some RE MFG Twin Tube shocks and every place that ive seen them you can only get them for 1-2.5" of lift and then it jumps to 3.5"-4.5" of lift. and i have the pro comp 3" lift and ive never measured actually lift because ive trimmed my fenders so much but my 3" lift has always sat higher than others, so would i be ok with the 3.5" lift shocks?? and if anyone has had any experience with these shocks. thanks

The only way to really do it right is to flex your suspension out all the way without shocks and measure the maximum & minimum distances, then match that up with the specs of a shock. Mfr. application charts aren't always perfect. As long as you have around 3" of travel in each direction they'll say it's ok. If that's too much work, then just buy the 3.5" shocks.

i assume theyre designed for the RE 3.5 lift.... which is really a 4.5+ lift kit.....

so if your 3" lift is a 3 inch ON THE DOT lift.... i would think the shocks to be too long....??

in other news... i just installed em on a buddies mj... and they are beefy looking shocks..... but hencho en mexico
sorry, havent gotten it out to test the ride offroad... but onroad manners are well...

Found a company called Trailmaster, and they have some Gas Shocks available called the Trailmaster SSV. They are really neat looking and are advertised to be a good shock. they are on sale right now for $45 a piece and was wondering if anyone has any experience with these or any horror stories?? thanks

Back