• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift blocks

totalvideo2

NAXJA Forum User
just put 1.5 lift blocks in the rear to raise it higher than the front running ome 2 in springs and teraflex 1.5 shackles so im thinkin im round 4.5 in the rear now is this setup ok or am i gonna experience problems in the future?

totalvideo2 said:
just put 1.5 lift blocks in the rear to raise it higher than the front running ome 2 in springs and teraflex 1.5 shackles so im thinkin im round 4.5 in the rear now is this setup ok or am i gonna experience problems in the future?

The springs are fine as are the shackles. but the cold hard truth is that there are almost no circumstances where a lift block is a good idea. xj's are sprungover to begin with and are powered well enough to get spring wrap as it is. add in our propensity to put big tires and then giving your axle two more inches of lever arm to wrap those springs seem like a terrible wat to treat those ome's.

sell the ome's to someone who wants two inches and a comfortable ride. then get the right springs for your needs.

Double and triple check your ur bolts,It would suck to spit out a block on the trail

reading that again i just relized that the ome springs are up front and you are doing this to stock springs. so cancel my previous advice and go read a few threads on bastard packs.

Back