• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99+ intake, with old head in a 99 XJ?

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
Confused yet, so apparently the 99+ intake makes more power than the older style, i guess they used the better intake because they changed the head a little for emissions. Im going to be building a stroker sometime, and I have a 99 XJ, would i gain a little more power with the older head?

My 99 came stock with BOTH the new intake and the old head (#0630), so it was a great find in terms of stock performance.

If you have the old style squared off intake with the old head then you must have had one of the very late 98 models, or one of the first 99 models.

If you swap to the newer rounded intake you should see a small horsepower gain (maybe 3-4 hp) and more grunt (5-6 lb-ft of torque).

But it is my opinion that if your going to the trouble of a manifold swap, get some headers while your at it to kill two birds with stone.

Back