• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 44???

krelja

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up a dana 44 with 3.54 ratio in it. I just ordered gears and I am goin to 4.56, I know the carrier break is 3.92. Now for my question will the internals from the cariier I have now work in a unloaded 4 series carrier or do I need to get the new carrier with the spiders in it already. I'm still up in the air about puttin an aussie in the back as I drive this thing on road alot

I don't know for sure but I would guess that the spiders would work with any carrier.

My XJ is my DD, and I have an aussie in the 44 rear and I love it. It's barely noticable.

I don't mind spending the money if I have to but I also don't want to have to order then order again thanks for the replies so far and keep em coming. I got the front and rear gears with the overhaul kits for 450 shipped @ northridge4x4 even when I get a new carrier I'll still be under what it would cost for thick gears but I have heard that they work with the 3 series carrier

Back