• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

driverside death wobble

bturton

NAXJA Forum User
so i have this death wobble in my front driverside tire when i go around 30 mph, for a lift in the front i have 3.5 inch coilspacers i built, and a trackbar i lenghtened myself. i drove around for 6 month's and had no problems and doing somewhat mild wheeling here and there in a lot of mud, i was running 31's at the time and occasionally 33's, then about 2 month's ago i started gettin wobble in the front end drivers side only so i replaced all of the tie rod ends, drivers side ball joints, steering stabilizer, and track bar. and it is still there, im about ready to flip it and burn it

and i put on a set of 33x12.50 tsl's and welded the rear end up. gettin er ready for spring opener nmu trailcats run.

any ideas why the wobble wont go away
should i balance my tires and get an alignment or get longer LCA's and a drop pitman arm

any ideas or if people have had this problem before please help

Adjustable LCA's fixed my DW (Am at 4.5"), the caster was all wrong with stock arms. Also tightened the panhard bracket to really sort things out.

Cheers
Steve

Did you check the hub???? Is the wheel bent? If you swap the front tires side for side, does the wobble change sides??

From what you describe you don't have death wobble. Sounds like your tire is seriously out of balance.

From your comment, you didn't balance your tires at all. If it's going to be on the road and you don't balance them, expect tires to shimmy n shake. You'll also likely to loose weights when wheelin', so expect it.

i know not balancing the tires wont help, today i went wheeling and my rims were packed with snow and mud, when i got on the highway it started at around 15 mph so i matted on it and went about 70mph and it wint it away.
so im gonna balance my tires and see what comes out of it, and i know youll lose wheel weights, im not a complete dumbass

Back