• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CB installs lets see em!

HotXJmama

NAXJA Forum User
OK for the last hour I've been searching with no luck. I could have sworn I saw a pic thread for CB installs

Well either way I couldn't find it.

THe hubby is going to install a CB in my new jeep, but doesn't really want to put it in the same place as he did in his XJ. He put his on the passenger side of the shifter/center console right in front of the passenger seat. Since mine is the "nice" jeep he wants to make all of his modifications in mine as slick as possible. nothing that will leave holes in things, know what I mean?

SO lets see your cb installs!!!

I put my CB overhead since I do not have the center console, my Bearcat scanner is on the side of the shifter console. I'm not sure where I'm going to put my 2-meter, maybe inplace of the stereo.

cbip4.jpg

scannerun8.jpg

What the hell, I guess I'll post mine as well.

The wiring is with male and female connectors sliced in so that I can detach it easily should I need to move it. Why you might ask? Because when your holding up your club trying to rewire your CB after you yanked it out, people aren't extremely happy.

CopyofCoyHill034.jpg

P.S. Don't ask me what the white thing is, I still have no clue.

xjtrailrider....what antenna are you using for your Bearcat scanner? I have one as well, but have never mounted it or connected it. Just curious.....thanks!

-Dave.

why doesn't anyone use spring mounts? I keep seeing all these antennas and none of them use springs. I've got one for mine and its really saved the antenna from the trees. (I don't mean to hi-jack a thread)

DO they mess up the antenna's tuning?

Nice picture in your dash Peewee, girlfriend I assume?

File 05, I don't have a spring on mine, and I haven't really needed one. I have come into contact with many trees (I have mine covered in heat shrink wrap to cover the bare wire that was exposed from the plastic wrapping being taken off by trees). I have had good luck and a few good wacks. Our town motto is if it isn't broke, don't fix it. No use screwing up my reception since I have one of the best in my club.

I have seen a short fiberglass antenna snap off because it started rocking back and forth pretty fast going up a hill. A spring would have saved it.

hey peewee!!!!! that thing doesnt work too good without the damn whip hooked up!!! haha by the way mike u gotta come wheeling with us we got a group of about 6 XJs thta go with us

dcXJ said:
xjtrailrider....what antenna are you using for your Bearcat scanner? I have one as well, but have never mounted it or connected it. Just curious.....thanks!

-Dave.

I have in the past used a Radio Shack window mount scanner antenna, and they work fine since you are not transmitting through it. Right now I have a 2 meter antenna mounted on the opposite side of the CB and I'm using it for the scanner until I get my ametuer radio liscense for the 2 meter.

Just about anything will work for a scanner, it only recieves and SWR and MHZ really doesn't matter. Placement makes more of a difference.

File 05 said:
why doesn't anyone use spring mounts? I keep seeing all these antennas and none of them use springs. I've got one for mine and its really saved the antenna from the trees. (I don't mean to hi-jack a thread)

DO they mess up the antenna's tuning?

I run the Firestick stud mount with the Firestick HD spring, I've yet to snap a mast on a low branch, I worry more about tree rubs with the location of my mount. The spring will only slightly change the SWR's and with the Firestick 2 its easy to re-adjust.
dsc001045qu.jpg

xjtrailrider said:
I have in the past used a Radio Shack window mount scanner antenna, and they work fine since you are not transmitting through it. Right now I have a 2 meter antenna mounted on the opposite side of the CB and I'm using it for the scanner until I get my ametuer radio liscense for the 2 meter.

Just about anything will work for a scanner, it only recieves and SWR and MHZ really doesn't matter. Placement makes more of a difference.

Good info....thanks!

you can mount a CB in the same location i have using heavy duty velcroe (how ever you spell it) that way you wont have to drill any holes. the mike holder was already there and I think its for a cell phone holder but the mike fits on there perfect. Heres some pics.
92XJ004.jpg

92XJ003.jpg

92XJ002.jpg

92XJ001.jpg

Back