• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires?

imfrankyj

NAXJA Forum User
I am moving to Colorado Springs and am in need of new tires. I have ordered the 3" rough country lift. So assuming it settles what is a good size ture to get on stock wheels? also what would be good tires for a daily driver. I had a Wrangler with the same tires they put on the Rubicon and they were pretty good at first. later they got loud cause they had a weird wear on the tread (I had the alignment checked and it was good). I have bridgestone dueler revos on my Tundra and they have been great! I was wanting to get something good for the colorado trails and good for a daily driver. What would you guys recomend?

Can't go wong with Maxxis Bighorns. I love mine.

Hale

i would highly recommend the 3 for 1 deal that procomp is offering. that's what i recently went with after running bfg baja a/t/ko's. decent in anything from my experience. i am especially amazed they work in the sand so well (not sure if it's having front and rear lockers or the new tires..lol). :D

I'm going out on limb here. I'd just about bet that you can get 4 Bighorns at regular price cheaper than going with ProComp's buy3 get 1 deal.

IIRC, I got 5 33's shipped to my door for right at $650.

Hale

Gentlemen, I believe the question is more about what size than what brand. I can't offer any help though other than to say my stock 95 runs 29x10.5 on stock rims and it only rubs on the lower control arms at full lock(crappy old thornbirds)

with 3.5" you can do 31's easy, 32's with a little trimming, on stock wheels. I'd do 31x10.5's for now. Much bigger than that and you need to be regearing so not to kill your clutch/tranny and gas mileage.

cal said:
with 3.5" you can do 31's easy, 32's with a little trimming, on stock wheels. I'd do 31x10.5's for now. Much bigger than that and you need to be regearing so not to kill your clutch/tranny and gas mileage.

Agreed.
31x10.5's on the stock rims.

:thumbup.

Hale

Hey, haleyes, you maybe right on that. I wasn't trying to argue tire brands, etc. Just stating what worked for me. I also like having a "no questions asked" warranty on the tire in case I jab a hole into the sidewall or such.. LOL ;)

Back