• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Preppin for Oregon Trail Rally

WheelinJR

NAXJA Forum User
I've been trying to get the Jeep ready for the Oregon Trail Rally, Nitrospeedracing has turned me into the latest Sweep Noobie, so I had a few things to do.

So far I've gotten thru this list:
1. Mounted and wired radio
2. made switch panel
3. mounted lights front and rear. on the front i have TJ fogs, and some "super sports" that will probably be temporary. on the rear I have some baby PIAA's
4. solid swaybar links (workin out squeaks and clunks)

About all that is left to do is wire up all the lights, I have 4 up front and 2 in the rear. Oh and I also need to get a fan shroud and slap it on.

Anyways, this leads me to the reason for the post. I had to share some pics.

int1.jpg

int2.jpg

int3.jpg

int4.jpg

int6.jpg

Everytime i drill a hole or scew somthing on my jeep for rally, my wife thinks im nuts. But it has become purpose built and when im out in the sticks i am glad i did it. I get alot of (what that thing for). Makes me smile..

nitrospeed said:
Everytime i drill a hole or scew somthing on my jeep for rally, my wife thinks im nuts. But it has become purpose built and when im out in the sticks i am glad i did it. I get alot of (what that thing for). Makes me smile..

I've already had two people look at the radio and ask me "Why do you have two CB's" and "What's that for" lol

Here's the schedule

Friday, April 20, 2007
09:00- 13:00 Tech & Registration at RALLITek
15:00- 21:00 Stages at Portland International Raceway

Saturday, April 21, 2007
09:00- 10:00 Park Expose at Hillsboro Stadium
10:01- 18:00 (approx. time) Rally stages, with Service in Vernonia
20:00 Mid Rally party at the Hillsboro Red Lion Inn

Sunday, April 22, 2007
09:00 FCO starts from Vernonia, Sevice in Vernonia
16:00 First Car finishes in Hillsboro
17:00 Finish Banquet at the McMenamin's Cornelius Pass Roadhouse

Hey.. if either of you roll through service, say what's up to us DemonRally guys. I'll be there doing crew-chief duties in my red '97 unit.

more work. finished up my rear 1/4's and ran rubberized undercoating all along the bottom.

Saturday I spent the day wiring up my lights and a bypass switch for the fan

While I did that, my girlfriend masked off my wheel wells, and I sprayed them up.

sides01.jpg

sides02.jpg

She also

sides03.jpg

sides04.jpg

So today I decided that I needed to finish the job, so all the sides, paint the back and so I busted out the razor blade and sandpaper and went to work.

sides06.jpg

sides08.jpg

sides10.jpg

sides11.jpg

sides12.jpg

sides14.jpg

And here are a couple of the lights, I also have a couple tiny 2" PIAA's on the back, and they might be the brightest of them all.
sides15.jpg

sides16.jpg

It's pro rally. The oregon trail rally runs around the mountains between hillsboro and vernonia.

Sweep is a volunteer group, basically just the crew that oversees the course. Cars rolled, in ditches, broken, whatever are taken care of by the Sweep crew. The noob part just means I'm the new guy.

WheelinJR said:
It's pro rally. The oregon trail rally runs around the mountains between hillsboro and vernonia.

Sweep is a volunteer group, basically just the crew that oversees the course. Cars rolled, in ditches, broken, whatever are taken care of by the Sweep crew. The noob part just means I'm the new guy.

This is true.. and it's the BEST way to experiance a rally. Last I checked, there were 77 cars entered. :thumbup::thumbup:

All we have left to do is re-assemble the gearbox.. but we can't do that until the shims for the new Kaaz diff. come in. Oh yeah, then break in the new diff., an alignment, pick up new rally tires/have them mounted, and pick up race-fuel. All this and we're leaving mid-day Thursday. :dunno:

Oh let us all not forget about this comming friday night. Stages at the P.I.R.(Portland international raceway) Its gonna be a hoot. All ya should come out and watch real cars go real fast,over dirt,mud gravel & tarmac. You guys will also get to see a couple familiar xjs chace them. Its a nice event if you dont want to drag your family out in the woods. Hope to see some of ya there.

nitrospeed said:
Oh let us all not forget about this comming friday night. Stages at the P.I.R.(Portland international raceway) Its gonna be a hoot. All ya should come out and watch real cars go real fast,over dirt,mud gravel & tarmac. You guys will also get to see a couple familiar xjs chace them. Its a nice event if you dont want to drag your family out in the woods. Hope to see some of ya there.

this is all true.. but the real awesomeness is out in the woods.:guitar:

Back