• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone come across this?

jwalter04

NAXJA Forum User
I have a BB installed (spacers and shackles). Ever since the installation, the shifter for my transfer case has been drifting up and causing a vibration. It goes away when I push it back down, however eventually drifts back up. It is not drifting up far enough to engage 4WD or anything like that. Is there an adjustment on the linkage or something similar that I can do. Any other suggestions?

yep, adjusting linkage is easy. get under there, look at it, there is a bolt that holds onto a rail. undo the bolt, get up, make sure shifter is all the way down, make sure the shift arm is in position, tighten.

that being said, you may want to look at the condition of the tranny mound and motor mounts. excessive movement of those could be causing your symptoms.

You've got a 99,so I'd be looking at driveshaft problems causing the vibes!

RCP Phx said:
You've got a 99,so I'd be looking at driveshaft problems causing the vibes!

Nope its the T-case lever. This happens on my 99 and the wifes 98. Just make the adjustment. It will probably come back though.

-J

Back