• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Shocks?

TunaSoda

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, I am thinking of going with the RE XJ 5.5" Extreme-Duty Long Arm Kit, and I'm wondering if anyone has the RE Shocks? (mono-tube 5.5"~7.5")

Is that what you guys would go with? or get the shocks from somewhere else? (different type)

This kit will be replacing my 4.5" RC lift, right now the RC shocks are shot, and the bushings are wasted!

The guys I know at my shop all use the monotubes, and they order those whenever they are putting in new lift kits.

I just took out my Rusty's shocks and put in new RE Monotubes..I can deffinitly feel a big difference but part of it is because the Rusty's shocks were for 3.5" of lift and I have over 5" :banghead:
I've taken them on a light trail and they seem to ride very well...I'd recommend them

-Andrew

With the RE 5.5" kit, is the 5.5"~7.5" monotube shocks the good length to go with? I take it that will be more than enough as far as not limiting flex? (shock-wise anyway)

i am running the 5.5 with the mono-tubes and they do not limit my flex at all i think u will be fine with them and they are a very good shock plus RE has a lifetime warranty on them for manufactures defect. mine was leaking oil and they replaced it.
nick

Back