• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear leaf spring questions

Inisadow

NAXJA Forum User
hi I have a 94 cherokee. I bought it with the 3.5 RE super ride kit(AAL not full pack). The ride is odviously harsh, my shackle angle is currently vertical. I want to improve the shackle angle so my question is: Which of the full leaf spring lift packs on the market are actually longer and will give the jeep the proper shackle angle. I have heard statements about improved ride from alcan and deaver springs but I dont necessarily need a 10 leaf pack. Would the 3.5 RE spring pack correct the angles?

how long ago did you put in your aal?
because if you give it a little bit of time it sould settle a lot and will push your shackle back some

a year it has not settled at all. And I am looking for an optimum shackle angle without a decrease in lift. What I really need to know is if I can go cheap(ie RE springs) or expensive yet with the propper geometry(deaver or alcan springs?) or will I have have to build/modify the shackle hanger to attain the proper shackle angle

idk. i havent had any probalems with mine riding rough. i have custom leaf packs in the rear of my xj. they have 11 leafs per pack. with about 5.5" lift and then im runnin teraflex shackles with 1.5" lift. so idk if that helps but good luck. hope you get your problem solved.
-Shomsky

what company did you order the leaf pack from, or did you put the pack together your self?

Hella good question! Unfortunatly I don't know the answer. Try searching? I just wanted 2 post 2 get this back up 2 the front of the forum! WHOWHWOHWO.
-Patrick:twak:

Back