• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

please! help!

audioxj

NAXJA Forum User
this seems to be quite a problem. For the last month or so if my truck sits for more than an hour, when I start it up and accelerate like normal the rpms wont go past 2500 all of a sudden theyll shoot up to what they sould be then immediatly go back down, up and down for the first couple mins i drive it. Putting it to the floor seems to make it go away faster but it doesnt sound very good when i do it. does any one know what the hell is wrong w/ my truck?

ill have to check that out, is it normal to go around turns wlie givin it alittle gas when you dont have a lot for your engine to bog down?

Fuel pump? I had one that could make the pressure but not the volume.

Try this:

Before turning the key, depress the accelerator twice, like we used to do with old carb'd engines.

Reason:
The computer stores the codes from the last time the engine was running.
After sitting for an hour, the engine internal conditions (particularly temp) have changed. When it starts, the 'puter is trying to run it at the old settings.
Flooring it, whether running or prior to turning the key, tells the computer to set new codes and run accordingly.

Not saying there isn't a mechanical or sensor problem, but this may overcome it.

-Rick

pressing the accel twice helped it still happened a little but if i wouldve pressed it three times i think it wouldve been fine thanks for everyones help. how would you kno if your fuel pump is bad?

Back