• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pro Comp Leaf Packs

boise49ers

NAXJA Forum User
I want to buy a pair of new leaf packs. I'm tired of building bastard packs just to have them sag in a year. I have heard Pro Comp leafs suck, but is that true with their leaf packs too. I know they have a built in shim on them.
So any one owning PCs actual leaf packs Please let me know what you think and what degree shim they have built into it. How much lift does a 3.5" PC pack give you ? I know RE runs on the high side.
RE has some for about twice as much as Pro Comp. Maybe info on other 3"/3.5" packs and where to find them.
Thank you

My brother-in-law had Pro Comp leafs on a YJ also and it was the worst ride I've ever experienced also.

Had a friend with a pro-comp 3" lift, only rode in it once around the block, but it felt all right.

I am running the Pro Comp 3" springs and full leafs on my 99' and I am extremely happy with the way it performs both on and off road. It rides better than stock and handles a load really well. I do have RS9000's so that may help some. Mine does have the shim built in but I still ended up doing a SYE after I dropped in a pair of true tracs and some 4.56's. I am guessing the DS gets spinning pretty fast with 4.56 and 31's. As far as actual lift, I havent measured but I am running moabs with 245/75/16 MTR's, I did no trimming and have no rubbing even with the swaybar disconnected. I cant say anything bad at all about the PC springs although I think thier shocks are junk.

I was in need of new leafs and had originally had the add-a-leaf from Rusty's. The spring shop told me the add-a-leaf provided was the wrong type of leaf for my packs (whateverthehellthatmeans), to cut to the chase the bill was $356 CDN.
They sagged like a set of baba's boobies in no time. No way was i doing rebuild on these, i had to have new ones, these were tired. i looked on Summit and found 4" Pro Comp leaf packs for like $89 a piece (i'm ALL over that!). My first impression upon receipt was the fact they have a 3 deg shim built in along with an overload spring to my delight. They gave a true 4", flex very well, and are great at high speed. My only complaint is the wrap problem when getting on the throttle from a stop, but that can be expected. Working on that though. Price is right, and it beats re-using tired leafs or junk yard crap. Oh, here's the link bu the way;
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=EXP%2D53111&N=700+4294908280+115&autoview=sku
HTH, -B.:thumbup:

Back