• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mounting Winch

Thundercats4e

NAXJA Forum User
K, so i did a search and couldnt find anything. So heres the dea... I got a winch for my XJ today for my birthday. I have a 95' XJ with an RE 4.5" lift and 33"s. I have the stock front bumper. Im looking for pictures or any information on the best way to mount a winch to a stock bumper. Im thinking i may have to cut my grill to make space, but just want to see. Any help would be really wanted. Thanks in advance.

best bet would be to get a detours backbone system

I don't think there is a way to mount a winch safely to a stock bumper. You could install a front hitch and use a multi-mount however it would be very low (you would only want the winch on there when you needed to use it).

As far as I know the detours system replaces the stock bumper, and while it still keeps the stock aesthetics, it isn't stock...

I've got the Detours Backbone and it works great. You just trim the front bumper to make it fit. I like it because it also acts as a steering box brace, and serves to provide extra stiffness to the whole front end. It also weights only 33 lb., compared to 100 + for an aftermarket winch bumper.

You will be pleased with the detours,it also provides some front end protection while keeping the stock jeep front end look. I had an idiot buddy start his truck in gear and hit me head on, not a wink of damage to my rig, buddy needed grille,turn signal,condensor and rad. hehehe laughed the whole way home that day!, I have also pulled out 3/4 ton chevs with little effort and no sign of stress or damage

Back