• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help!Is there any motor swap experts out there?

FiXnDaily336

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone just seeing if anyone had any ideas on this one...I was hopeing someone had any suggestions as to what I should do.I dont mine pulling the motor back out if I have to thats not a big deal.I never put my 93 flywheel flex plate on my 90 motor and I have been reading that you should change them to complete the swap.Right now everything is bolted up and I have a new cps,coil,cap,rotor,plugs&wire and when I turn the motor i'm not gettin any spark and if you check the codes I get a 54 (cam sensor)I havent replaced it yet because I didnt know if that would keep it from having fire..But would that flywheel keep it from not sparking.I've got alot of knowledge on motors but i'm confused on this one....I just want to fix it asap its been sitting now for a few weeks and I have the next few days off and I plan on having this thing going before the weekend so I can hit the trail I cant stand to see a jeep with no mud on it!I have another post that has more details....

I believe the pulse sequence caused by the flywheel rotating past the CPS will be very different between the Renix and HO. I think you'll need to use the correct flywheel for the engine management system you have.

PaulJ said:
I believe the pulse sequence caused by the flywheel rotating past the CPS will be very different between the Renix and HO. I think you'll need to use the correct flywheel for the engine management system you have.
Yes. Correct.

Hey guys thanks for the info if theres anything else I need to do why I pull everything back please let me know.I going to start sometime today.I just dont want to have to go through this crap again.I didnt even think about them being different.But if they are i'm going to change them.Do you think I should have fire when I put the 93 flywheel on the 90 motor?Thanks guys keep me posted still looking for someone with the same swap....

FiXnDaily336 said:
Hey guys thanks for the info if theres anything else I need to do why I pull everything back please let me know.I going to start sometime today.I just dont want to have to go through this crap again.I didnt even think about them being different.But if they are i'm going to change them.Do you think I should have fire when I put the 93 flywheel on the 90 motor?Thanks guys keep me posted still looking for someone with the same swap....
Yes if you use the 93 flywheel with 91-95 PCM you will be good as long as everything else is in order.

Kyung

Hey I appreciate all the advice i've got.The motor is hooked to my engine hoist ready to pull right now!.. Going to do it tomorrow but is there anything else I need to swap to assure I have completed the swap?Right now on the 90 non H.O motor that I am swaping from the 93 H.O is the intake with throttle body and injectors,distributor,crank sensor,transmission,alternator,p.s pump,belt,oil and coolant sensor,new plugs,cap&rotor,coil,grounds,running 93 computer.Like I say I didnt change that cam sensor but it is a 93 and I didnt change the flywheel/flexplate.I should have that in tomorrow.And hopefully i'll have spark this time!Maybe that code 54 will go away or do you think I should get another cam sensor.I just need the fire cause I got plenty of fuel!I'm tryin to hit the trail this weekend.If anyone has anymore advice please let me know...

Back