• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

summit racing

skaterking09

NAXJA Forum User
if i order tires and wheels from summit do they mount them up or do i have to sorry for the dumb question but i looked on there site and couldnt find anything about it

skaterking09 said:
if i order tires and wheels from summit do they mount them up or do i have to sorry for the dumb question but i looked on there site and couldnt find anything about it
If you order them together they mount and balance them.Might be an extra charge for it though, and i would call in the order.

Sean

ECKSJAY said:
I could never understand mail order tires... What do you do for warranty?

It is hard to beat the price. And for the price difference you can by an extra pair of tires. Plus most tire warrenties are pro-rated.

I have mail ordered my last three sets of tires. I started mainly because back in the day, I couldn't find Interco tires locally

ECKSJAY said:
I could never understand mail order tires... What do you do for warranty?

Never dealt with Summit but the experience with another mail order outlet= for warranty take them to a local dealer of the specific brand. Once at the dealer you get told to take them back to where you bought them. Most local dealers are savvy to the mail order situation and realize that they aren't going to get your business by taking care of someone else's warranty.

With that said you can figure the cost from a mail order source including shipping and take that to your local dealer and add in the value of having some one local for warranty and other services and discuss pricing. I know a few outlets are advertising that they beat Costco pricing, etc.

Metal Thrasher said:
With that said you can figure the cost from a mail order source including shipping and take that to your local dealer and add in the value of having some one local for warranty and other services and discuss pricing. I know a few outlets are advertising that they beat Costco pricing, etc.

That's been my experience. I also like being down in PDX area with a wobbly tire and roll into a Discount/America's Tire and they'll get me taken care of immediately. My experience otherwise has been hit and miss. I've had some shops boot me out since I didn't buy from them, while others have no problem fixing a flat gratis. A few bucks per tire gives me the peace of mind when I'm away from home, cranky, and broken. :D

this is wat ill be ordering

5 trxus MT and 5 soft 8's=$985.45 and thats shipped!!

i think thats a pretty good deal also if they can mount them ill go to my buddy at schwab and have him do it for me

skaterking09 said:
this is wat ill be ordering

5 trxus MT and 5 soft 8's=$985.45 and thats shipped!!

i think thats a pretty good deal also if they can mount them ill go to my buddy at schwab and have him do it for me

That's a good deal, and they SHOULD mount them if you're buying the package together.

I DID call Summit and confirm they have the 33" Trxus in stock. They are the ONLY one in the country to have them, on national backorder everywhere else.

John

Back