• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear driveshaft

mgt

NAXJA Member #653
I think i found the squeek i have looking for in the rear driveshaft but i don't know what it is. does anyone know where i can get the ujoints replaced in riverside area

ive never heard a u joint squeak. they usually grind when they're going and clunk when they're gone.

they usually squeek when you havent greased them in ages and the bearings are now dust. replacing them is very simple if you have a socket a hammer and a c-clamp your more than half way done

I just wanted to start off with replacing the u-joints then go from there. the squek is coming from somewhere in the rear driveshaft. I tried to use the socket method and could not get the cap off. i have greesed them often but the squeek started after a trip where it was really dusty like silt beds.

wow........

shoulda asked around here a lil more.........

im sure someone local to you coulda saved you $200....

mgt said:
found the problem. the yoke on the rear shaft lost the bearings and wore out. $250.00

Back