• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any PDX locals lookin for a place to live?

WheelinJR

NAXJA Forum User
It looks like I've got an opening coming up in my apartment at the first of this month.

Details:
1. Medium sized apartment complex in Clackamas/Happy Valley area
2. Rent is $715 (applicant's share of that would be $350)
3. Water/Sewer is $27 a month, but since I am in the master bedroom I cover it out of kindness.
4. Electricity is split evenly, the bill ranges from $40-$120 across the seasons, tho I think the $120 estimate is high, as my current roommate does too much laundry and showers like a 15 year old girl
5. Rent due on 1st of month, late on 2nd of month, but I am usually lenient up to the 4th, but it'd be fantastic to get it on the 1st consistently
6. Cable/Internet you're on your own. I just shut it all of except 13 channel cable because for me it is an unnecessary expense. There are plenty of open wireless networks around here to leech from tho haha
7. Deposit - $200 partially refundable. I've never had a roommate that didn't leave some bill unpaid or a mess for me to clean up, and so far, I haven't had to kick the deposit back, but if at the end of your tenancy you leave the room as clean as when you came in, and the house relatively unharmed, and don't owe me any cash, you'll get $150 max back.

What is expected from a good candidate:
1. No loudness after hours -- aka after 10:30-11:00pm weekdays. I get up every weekday at 5 something in the morning.
2. Bad Hygiene -- I don't want to smell you
3. Strangers -- I'd rather not have a bunch of people I don't know eyeballing my stuff. A couple regular friends and significant others are alright though. Within reason, ya know?
4. Substance usage problems. No use of drugs in the house, and usually those kinds of things usually reflect in your reliability. Drinking is ok so long as you're not a drunk.
5. Have a steady income. I don't care if you are on a trust fund or working your ass off 12 hours a day, so long as you can reliably pay bills on time.
6. Respect my stuff. Be nice to my things, to me, and to my girlfriend.
7. No shoes in the house.
8. I won't say no smokers, but definitely no smoking in the house, and if you are a smoker, take concious effort to ensure that I don't smell you, I hate hate hate that smell.
9. Pets: probably not any noisy pets. You will have to convince me that you're very good about keeping clean after them, and a no-refund deposit will apply (thats something we'll have to negotiate). The last time I had a guy with a cat in here, he left his room in filth and I was cleaning up old cat food that was moldy for days.

Overall I am a pretty easy going laid back guy, and I am pretty much always off doing my own thing. You will see me here often on weekday evenings, and I am out alot the rest of the time.

Room is available on May 1st. Did I miss anything? PM me or email [email protected] if you have more questions

Back