• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Black foam/fiber mat?

aldrin

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, I need to replace the black foam/fiber mat that attaches to the underside of the hood. My problem is that I live in Sweden and I don´t really know what the acctually name is when I try to locate it at the dealers, I´ve tried to search Chrysler Parts Direct with no hits. So if anyone would be kind enough to give me a link where I can find it and also tell me the correct name or/and the part no.

Thank you so much from a Swede who has trouble with some english words...! //Aldrin

aldrin said:
Hi, I need to replace the black foam/fiber mat that attaches to the underside of the hood. My problem is that I live in Sweden and I don´t really know what the acctually name is when I try to locate it at the dealers, I´ve tried to search Chrysler Parts Direct with no hits. So if anyone would be kind enough to give me a link where I can find it and also tell me the correct name or/and the part no.

Thank you so much from a Swede who has trouble with some english words...! //Aldrin
The correct technical term is "hood insulation" I believe. I think I saw one floating around eBay the other day...give me a minute to see if I can find it.
Okay...found it
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...017QQitemZ270088456067QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

aldrin said:
Perfect, thank you so much for helping me out!! //Aldrin
Not a problem man, glad I could.

One more question! What is the name of the mat under the engine, the one that protects it from dirt and stuff? Know where to get it? Thanks again! //Aldrin

Splash guard? I ripped mine out since it was hanging mostly anyway.

I did leave the insulation on the hood though, although there's a thin layer below the insulation that was hanging so I tore that out too...

Your Jeeps came with insulation under the hood?

Splash gaurd, ha, I almost forgot that XJ's came with those.

Back