• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what do you think?

looks clean- auto trans is strong and shifts well. The up-country package is a factory lift and skids- good to have. I have leather in mine and it's great- I like it better than cloth. I also have selec-trac and it's great- I don't have to worry about shifting in and out of 4x4 as terrain varies or road conditions change- you can use it on dry pavement if you choose and leave it engaged all the time. I use the auto 4x4 mode in most of the snow I encounter. The price is on the higher end of the blue book value for a private party sale, so if it's not flawless, you have more negotiating room.
Good Luck.

Sounds like a beautiful little XJ!

As 91Woody said, the automatic used in the Jeep is a good one. The AW4 automatic tranny when combined with the 4.0 engine is (to quote a Chrysler mechanic) bulletproof. Check around here for 'highest miles' and you'll see folks with 200, 300, k are quite common; so with 127 k that Jeep is in it's prime. If it's been well maintained that is.

The Selec-Trac uses the NP 242 t-case, which is a good, solid, reliable case. (The Hummer H1 uses a modified version of it.) It doesn't have the aftermarket support that the NP 231 (Command-Trac) does, so if you want 4:1 gears or the super-short SYE then you'll either want to swap t-cases, or look elsewhere.

:)

Last edited:
Back