• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well, the time is now. 33x12.5 on 3.5-4"?

JohnR

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I still don't have enough to buy the tires yet, but today I picked up some Pacer rims in 15x8 w/ 4.25"bs. OTD for 200 w/ caps. Anyhow, tire stores here SUCK. They want 175 for cooper stt's in 31x10.5, and 225 for 33x12.5. They had some no-name tires called MudTrac's at another retailer, that were a bit nicer. Pretty much 600 otd for 4 33's. I think I might have to drive up to San Antonio to pick up the tires I actually want, for cheaper. I'm just trying to figure out how bad the Yeep will suck with 3.55's and 33's until I can afford to regear? I'd really rather have 33's for what I do, than 31's, since it's mostly mudding / hills. Help me decide :/

The tire I REALLY want is the Trxus Mt

You try out Discount Tire? We have a few around here, my friend works at one, writes off some tires as "minor blemishes" and marks the price way down, though the tires are brand new and installs em for free. Even before i had this deal, they are fairly priced and honor thier warranties well. Check em out online.

get the cheap ones. I know everyone loves the truxus MT, and they are decently priced, but I think that they're really not that good. I would go with a cheap MT over the truxus. Don't fool yourself, the truxus aren't any better in any regard than an average MT.

Hercules Terra Track M/T real good tire! Cheap as hell too. I bought 4 31x10.50's for 80 bucks each! Never got stuck, went all over Uwharrie National Forest with em too! Crawled up Daniel trail like it was nothing.

http://www.tirepackage.com/systems.asp?sub=y&prodlineid=16&cat=Tires

My tires came in yesterday from this place. All looks good and was the cheapest I could find. A local place may save you since you will have to get them mounted but you can print off and show them the deal you can get online and maybe they will come down on their price. Tirepackage.com if the link dosn't work.

mjma said:
get the cheap ones. I know everyone loves the truxus MT, and they are decently priced, but I think that they're really not that good. I would go with a cheap MT over the truxus. Don't fool yourself, the truxus aren't any better in any regard than an average MT.

Not sure what you are basing this statement on, but in the northwest for a DD+ offroad capabilities the truxus m/t is by far the best choice.

Sean

Check out a place called www.tires-easy.com
the main place is in Germany but I believe there is a warehouse in LA or somewhere around there. I ordered my Toyo's from there and they were a pretty good price. only downfall is when you do order it will show up on your credit card as Germany and you may receive a phone call from the card company questioning the transaction. Other than that I had no problem at all. I received my tires in 3 days via UPS. shipping was like $75 or so for 4 tires....cant remember.

I've been very happy with my TrXus MTs...I'm not sure where those statements come from either...great tire, not a bad price either...and excellent in mud AND rocks...good tread wear too (as good as it can be with it being an MT and all....but it's certainly good).

Interco TSLs. If you mud and hillclimb, they are a solid choice. Watch out for TSL SDS (sudden death syndrome). I have been running my 33.12.5's with stock gears and stock axles (unlocked of course) for some pretty good ruts and mud, and I love them. I got them for 140 per tire at 4wheelparts. Come up to Washington... there's a person who just got some 38s that he stuck under his jeep XJ without anything but haggardly cut fenders and block lift... we as responsible XJ enthusiasts need to relieve him of possible breakage of his axles/steering =p.

Back