• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Visiting LA, wednesday-saturday

Fergie

NAXJA Forum User
The wife and I will be in LA this week, visiting UCLA, and a prosepective jobsite of mine. I gots nothing to do on Thursday, and we'll be looking around for housing on Friday.

If anyone would like to get together for a beer, or lunch, then let me know and we'll try to meet up.

Gavin

Gavin,

Where are you staying?

karstic said:
Gavin,

Where are you staying?
I *think* we wll be staying at a Westwood on Wilshire. It is only about a mile from UCLA, where my wife needs to be, so we are going for proximity to her stuff.

Any suggestions on where to stay AWAY from, or where to stay for that matter?

Yikes! I wish I had more notice! I would have loved to meet up with you but this week is crazy!

Should there be a get together please post up and I will do my best to try and make at least for a few minutes.

Yeah, usually I'm in the Irvine area, but this is kind of a seat of the pants trip.

If we hear from UC Berk today, then it is a no-go.

Fergie said:
Yeah, usually I'm in the Irvine area, but this is kind of a seat of the pants trip.

If we hear from UC Berk today, then it is a no-go.
Usually you're in the Irvine area and you say nothing? Irvine is about 10 miles South of me and there is whole bunch of us here.

I work in Irvine....hit us up next time. LA is a little off for me

djblade311 said:
I work in Irvine....hit us up next time. LA is a little off for me

Yeah who wants to go up to LA county:dunce:

GrimmJeeper said:
oh yeah well who wants to drive all the way to fullerton?:nono:

:cheers:

You guys in the south bay area aren't too bad, it's just a straight shot down the 91. :cheers:

I'm talking 'bout downtown and beyond. :gee:

Well, no work from Berk, so we'll be on our way to L.A. tomorrow morning.

Any roads to stay away from? I'm thinking I may just come in through SD on the 8, but am not sure about the best route, so help would be appreciated.

If you're gonna be coming from the south via the 5 and 405 try to be heading through downtown LA around noon for the best possibility of the least amount of traffic.

In the morning, there IS no good way to get to LA.

If you take the west 10, it shouldn't be too bad if you get here after the major rush hour. I guess it depends on what time you'll be in the area. It's a 7-8 hour drive, so if you left home at 6 am...

Can you believe these guys complaining about a 20mi. drive?
The closest anything to me is 55mi.
Oh.....there could be that thing about it taking an hour to do that 20mi. drive...
;)

Rick

Hey, I live in the desert!

So you're talking hitting the city at 2pm, that's on the cusp of the traffic wave but you might squeak through.

I'd skip the via San Diego idea, that drive from San Diego is going to take you forever.

GSequoia said:
So you're talking hitting the city at 2pm, that's on the cusp of the traffic wave but you might squeak through.

I'd skip the via San Diego idea, that drive from San Diego is going to take you forever.

Now that I know where Tuscon is, I'd have to agree with G-Spot.

Hitting LA about 2pm shouldn't be tooo bad seeing that you're going inbound while everyone will be going outbound.

There was a day when I used to know all that "down there" driving stuff.

But that day is no more. :D

--ron

We just got in, and survived our first driving in L.A. traffic. We didnt hit anything until the 405, and only drove around 2 miles on that road.

All in all, it doesnt look bad, so we are off to go explore. Any food recommendations or places to visit are welcome.

Back