• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BrownsCamp May 12th & 13th

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
as discussed at the M&G here is a preliminary post for the May run.

What: wheelin, camping, & more wheelin.
When: May 11-13th
Where: Browns Camp (probably camp at Horse camp as usual)
Who: anyone with a capable rig and skills to match. (note: 1. If you envite em' they're your responsibility! 2. if this get too big we will split into more than 1 group to save time)
How: we don't care how, just be there! but come prepared please (spare parts, tow points, etc...).

This is more of a Pre-Thread to work out the details etc... will post up again as we get closer with meetings, times, etc...

Hey Mojo, I'm thinking about running down there for that Brown's camp run again, just out of curiosity, is there any certain jeep minimum you want?

And if i do come down this time ill be sure to account for the traffic in Tacoma, and get there early
:laugh3:

Why is Lake Titticaca not filled with boobs and poop?

You know I am in....lol

Kyle and Dustin are our usual members of the 30-31" tire clan, they keep up pretty well, so I'd say 31" tire minimum, unless you're dustin who in case no one knew has Magic BFG's that puff up to 33's on large obstacles

WheelinJR said:
Why is Lake Titticaca not filled with boobs and poop?

You know I am in....lol

Kyle and Dustin are our usual members of the 30-31" tire clan, they keep up pretty well, so I'd say 31" tire minimum, unless you're dustin who in case no one knew has Magic BFG's that puff up to 33's on large obstacles
I paid an extra $20 per tire for that, money well spent :laugh3:.

Count me in. Are camping out Friday and Saturday cause that would be fun. Also, we could possibly incorporate a "noob seminar" one of the days seems like we have some interest for that. However, after running powerline and hoodraiser most people get the hang of it kind of a "learn as you go."

Hey everyone I'm Brandon I missed the last meet, and I still said I was going to buy the first round of pitchers so maybe we can all meet up before Browns Camp. I'm going to get my temp lift 31's (3 inch coils in and aal for now) in by May.. I also picked up front and rear skid plates and a tow hitch I'm throwing on for this weekend. Plan on me going. haha hey don't worry about towing me down the trails. I'll be okay. :laugh:

As far as lets call it a workshop goes. Would anyone locally be willing to setup a meet for something along the lines that IXNAYXJ is doing? http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=914433 I'm not stupid but it would sure be nice to learn from someone else's mistakes and I'm always up for learning something new. The time should be before the Browns Camp meet on May 12th-13th.
MOJOJOJO up for the challenge? :skull2:

Last edited:
blibra said:
MOJOJOJO up for the challenge? :skull2:
well........i am hearing rhumors that the sandflea ralley may get cancelled due to access roads at sand lake. so maybe we can do a lil clinic the 28th of this month. we will see. i will keep everyone posted on the sandflea ralley status.

always up for a challenge:scottm:

I MIGHT BE ABLE TO GO. WAITING FOR MY TAX CHECK FOR SOME LTB'S. NOOBIE TO NAXJA AND OREGON. THE ONLY MUD I LIKE IS ON MY TIRES NOT MY BOWL

Maybe buy a keyboard while you're at it - looks like your caps lock is stuck (?) :laugh3:

Taken from another thread:
mojojojo said:
An OHV Workparty is occurring on May 12th at 9:00am. T1N, R6W, sec.1 University Firepower Trail

Anyone is welcome; we'll be digging into the rock staged at the top/bottom of the trail. Our main objective is to harden some of the existing rolling dips. Folks will want to think about bringing something to haul rock. ODF will have an excavator, 2-6x6’s, and a rock hauler to assist with the workparty. Hopefully we’ll be able to open the trail when we are done.

What to bring: Proper Protective Equipment(boots, work cloths, eye protection, gloves, etc.), water and some snacks or lunch.

Tools needed for moving rock:Shovel, Bent Shovel, Hoe, or Pulaski, or anything you may have to disperse/dig material. The department will have some on hand as well. Please RSVP!

Equipment needed: Something able to haul rock. If someone would like to bring a piece of equipment (i.e. excavator, skid steer, or just anything) please contact me. Please RSVP, we’ll need to get unloaded sooner to start at nine.

How to get there:Head west on Hwy6 and turn at the Summit onto Beaver Dam Rd. Follow Beaver Dam Rd. to the first right (U-Falls Rd) and stay right across the wood bridge. We’ll be the bottom of the trail were it meets UFalls Road.
I just realized May 12 is a Saturday. Personally, I think it would be cool if we could help out for a couple hours if needed, and then wheel the rest of the day. However, if we have a big group then it might not be possible. I plan on rolling into Horsecamp around 5:00 on Friday and leaving late afternoon on Sunday. Should be fun as usual!

Well fellas, I am really hoping not, but I might might might have to bail on this one.

Leave me at a 60% yes, 40% no.

I'm up in the air about accepting this new roommate, and if I don't, the money won't be there to play in the woods. I really wanna go wheelin tho.

i was planning on doing the usuall sat morning meet at the turn off at Rogers, about 930 am ish....if that works for everyone. i will meet up with anyone that wants to camp out friday also. i plan on heading up there around 1 or 2 pm friday.

who all is planning on camping anyway ? ? ?

how bout an official head count? who's in for sure? and what day and or days? post up ya'll.

Last edited:
Back