• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D-30 Seal installation tool

MudDawg

NAXJA Member #728
Ok maybe I'm just a tool freak....but I ruined 3 axle seals trying to get them in place in a D-30....I searched the net, I called drivetrain parts supply houses....I talked to tool guys...and all I got was "use a long rod and hammer around the perimeter till it seats". All I did was wreck seals

So I designed and built a prototype seal installer that is dog simple to use in a D-30. No hammmering or mutilation of the seal involved...made from a old socket, a couple of nuts, a piece of 1/2" threaded rod, an old bearing race and a scrap of 3/8" steel....it does require some welding tho...if anybody is interested, let me know...Maybe I can get a friend with a digital cam to take some pix and post em here. My gift to humanity so to speak.

Dawg

Yeah, I'm interested. Post um up or send to me. I do alot of axles, and am always looking for new tools/ideas.

Derik

Thanks for the link Randy.....I guess great minds think alike...I had never seen that tool, but mine is as close to being identical as you can get....dangit...and I thought I had come up with something unique...

No need in posting up mine....the pics in the link tell the story...what freaks me is when I called the two most popular drivetrain shops about such a tool, and was told nothing like that existed :nono:

MudDawg said:
Thanks for the link Randy.....I guess great minds think alike...I had never seen that tool, but mine is as close to being identical as you can get....dangit...and I thought I had come up with something unique...

No need in posting up mine....the pics in the link tell the story...what freaks me is when I called the two most popular drivetrain shops about such a tool, and was told nothing like that existed :nono:

i bet yours cost less to make, though :cheers:

Last edited:
True....and mine is for all practical purposes identical...

Back