• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Smoothest Ride Shocks on a 3" lift?

cnhxn

NAXJA Forum User
What is your recommendation for the smoothest street riding shocks for a RE 3" lift? My first choice at this moment are Bilsteins, but I read that OMEs and Monroe Senso-matics are excellent. Also, excuse my ignorance, but what are 1.5 TnT boomerangs? Someone mentioned getting a very smooth ride with them.

What are the smoothest riding shocks for street use on an RE 3" lift. My first choice at this moment are Bilsteins, but I read that OMEs and Monroe Senso-matics are great.
Also, excuse my ignorance, but what are 1.5 TnT boomerangs? They said they got the smoothest ride, like a caddy, using them.

TnT boomerangs are shackles, that will net you 1.5" of lift, so unless you're gonna compensate the extra lift and add 1.5" front, you dont want to run them.

You could buy a low end lift, and put the nicest shocks money can buy on it, and it'll still ride like shit.

RE lifts have great components, so i'm glad you chose them, so buy any half way decent shock, and it will ride great.

Keep your swaybars connected for optium ride.

After consulting with a professional Jeep mechanic, I'm going with the Bilstein 5100's. The 5150's have the reservoir which will eventually rust out and cause a problem. Less parts, less trouble.

Back