• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear wiper is not working

74charger

NAXJA Forum User
I am new to owning a jeep, as of 24 hours ago. the rear wiper doesn't work. I checked the fuse, and that is good. It is a 99 and should be bone stock. can someone give me some ideas to check on. thanks

Heh, my 99's dont work either, far as i can tell is its my switch, theres a flimsy plastic tab on the back of the switch and it breaks pretty often

So should I just rig an after market switch in there? I also need to know what I have in this as far as tranny transfer case and axles. I'm sure I have the chrysler rear, and I know I have the 4.0. also I don't have the selct trac system. can any one help with this info, or link me the thread that does?

Do you get any noise...even a click out of the wiper? Mine went and that's all I heard back there. It was corrosion in the wiper gear case. Another working wiper on eBay ran me 15 bucks plus shipping.

if you push it all the way does it still spray? when my switch went the wiper wouldn't work unless you pressed it all the way to rinse the window.

On my 98 it was a bad ground. I noticed it when I opened the tail gate with the rear wiper on (when it wasn't working), and it would work until I closed the tail gate. I never found the bad ground, I just ran a new one.

Okay, the fluid comes out when I hold the button down, the fuse is good, and I CANNOT move the wiper arm by hand at all. you know how you can get some slack by wiggling it? I can't.

take off your rear wiper thats what i did but mainly because i blew the motor and am to cheap to replace its pretty easy to live w/o though if you dont have $ to fix it

Back