• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best way to get the UCA off??

kenny schmitt

NAXJA Forum User
ok so im trying to get off my upper control arm. I took off the nut on the inside and and here is the problem. I cant turn the nut inside the chassi b/c there is a special thing on the bolt that will not allow a full 360 degree turn and on top of that there isnt much on this bolt i can barely get a socket on it. I cant bang from the other side b/c my engine is right there i was thinking about getting a prybar in there but doubt i can push the bolt out. How did any1 else get theres off? thanks alot

also when the truck is on jackstands what should i be doing to the front end this whole time iv been putting a little preasure with the jack when it helps

It's always easiest to remove and replace control arms one at a time when the rig is on the ground. Less tension on the bolts this way. You're going to have to find a way to pry/pound on the bolt from the inside.

I used a small pinch heel bar and punched mine out. Patience on those and if you are using your 15mm socket on an extension, put duck tape around it so you dont loose the socket in the frame rail. ;)

if you have too much tension even when on even ground, get a large pipe wrench, put it on the knuckle and use a floor jack on the end of the pipe wrench handle. This will help rotate the axle to free up that tension.

Back