• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP242 options/NP241?

codyyy

NAXJA Forum User
I gotta problem here. I have an S10 BB in rear, RC 3" coils up front. I can kinda fit 33s in the rear with a little work but not even 31s up front without new bumpers and trimming. Problem is, I'm already getting vibes and death wobble (I believe the trac bar needs relocating or replacing, steering parts look real nice).
I don't have the money for a Tom Woods combo and I know that a t-case drop really wouldn't help if I'm gonna lift it an inch more in the rear, 1.5" or more in front.
What t-case options do I have? Someone mentioned a NP241 swap but it seems better if I had a 231 originally. Are there any other options, and could I still gain full-time or at least shift on the fly or would all that be gone? Thanks.

I knew money was involved, just not this much. I'm used to speed costing green, not clearance. It's like, hm let's do this right. $970 for the Tom Woods combo and some weeks downtime, then new rims, new tires, more lift, gonna want some recovery points because I'm tired of cavemanning it every time I get stuck...

Eh, the only other hobby I have is restorations. I'm just crazy and I know my Jeep can't handle the stuff I want to do to it. Guess I'm just tired of being extremely careful on the trails, I'd rather blow through stuff not worrying about the body or suspension.

Back