• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air Bag recall

AfricaXJ6

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys;

my 1998;jeep Cherokee;4.0Litre has the air bag light on.I just bought the vehicle in Jan 2007; and would not know if the recall was done regarding the above.

Is it still possible to have the dealer fix this if the recall was not carried out ?

please advise.

regards
collin

Collin,

I know that in the states, you can call your dealer and give them your VIN number, and they can tell you if you have any outstanding recalls that need to be performed. This is also possible in the states by going to the USA Jeep.com website and punching in the last 8 digits of the VIN number under the "for owners" section. Not sure about if it's the same in Africa.

AfricaXJ6 said:
Hi guys;

my 1998;jeep Cherokee;4.0Litre has the air bag light on.I just bought the vehicle in Jan 2007; and would not know if the recall was done regarding the above.

Is it still possible to have the dealer fix this if the recall was not carried out ?

please advise.

regards
collin

If the air bag controller is under the drivers seat the recall has not been done. If it has the airbag controller is under the center console. Recalls never die even between different owners. People still get their abs stuff done from the early 90's....

Back