• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trim

Interior or Exterior trim?

If you are taking about this....(on mine it is the black/red junk)
Picture011.jpg

You Can....
100_1652.jpg

I took off the 3" wide black sticker because it was peeling off and did a quick sand and taped it off and rattle canned some Dupli-Color truck bed lining.

If you want more pics let me know.

The trim is only attached by double sidded tape. I took a heat gun to mine and it pretty much lust peels off(might also work with hair drier, but I never tried). When you peel it back you can use a scraper (or I used a plastic body filler applicator) to help scrap off the tape.

Hi. Yes, you can take the trim off.....although be cautious. On another forum I saw somebody who did it and had to rebuild the bottom half of the doors due to the trim taking off the metal (it was quite rusty underneat the trim, I suppose)

I haven't done it on mine but I have a 95 Country as well with the same trim. It's just held on by double-sided automotive trim tape.

Back