• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

*NEED HELP ASAP* - Dash question

MyJeepXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Im leaving on a trip tomorrow, and want to place a mount right where my finger is pointing... Ive never seen lights come on there, but that doesnt mean there isnt a bunch of lights, or anything else, there. :)

Will I be safe to screw a mount in there? Screws will be just long enough to be solid, not 3 inches or anything stupid. :O

Thanks!

jeepmount.jpg

I had my 90 apart and I do remember anything being there. I have a valet switch just below that and that is all the wiring I remember.

That's where they normally mount the optional clock. Take a philips screw driver and undo the 4 screws for the dash bezel and you will find that there is two screws holding that piece you are pointing at in place.

Unscrew it and check it out. I suspect it's only a spacer in your truck. In mine it's a clock.

I've always wondered what went there. Mine had nothing there when I bought it, but 2 screw holes and one other hole. I'm assuming someone else mounted something there, or there really was a clock there at one time. Good to know.

I just found it nice to hear a Jeep...mine hasn't been run in a couple of months.......WAHHH !!!! I want my Jeep back...lol. Thats a cool set up.

Glad it worked out - nice mounting. For those with the clock in the big square please post photos - my factory digital is in the small rectangle above and hard to see. A bigger clock would be nice.

Back