• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problems with Accurate Power

CW

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I ordered my stroker kit from Accurate Power a three months ago and it didn't ship until a week and a half ago. :mad: The reason for this is that they were out of pistons that take the stock 4.0L rods and I didn't want to pay for the eagle rods, which he tried to sell me on repeatedly. Then when I finaly got the kit it all looked great. I rushed the cam bearings, rods, and pistons into the machine shop where my block had been sitting for three months and everyone was impressed with the quality of the pistons and I even talked to a guy who was building a 4.0l at another shop and had him thinking of going with Accurate. Then when the shop went to press the pistons and rods they discovered that the piston was contacting the rod. :mad: What gives? All I want to do is get the block out of the machine shop so I can build the engine and I keep getting set back. Has anyone else had problems like this with Accurate Power?

man stob being such a :looser: welcome to the sport... 3/4 of everybody we deal with has this problem... of the top of my head

accurate power
rubicon express
tom woods drivshafts
highangle driveshafts
Currie enterprises
try county gear
AEV
tomken, you name it...

that shipping issue is a norm in our sport, learn to deal with it...
as far as your pistons contacting your rod... why dont you give them a call, theyll be happy to help you out, and they can give you way more and better info than we can.

Have you contacted Accurate yet? Mike has generally been honest and helpful. It's not a "problem with Accurate" unless they screwed up (not their supplier) and they refuse to make it right in some way.

Yeah ok I'm dropping my complaint. I am mostly just frustrated with the slow progress of my engine, but it is not really accurates fault. I still think there kit is a quality kit.

Three months? Well you’re half way to how long it took to get mine done :D .
When I ordered my kit from Accurate I wanted Total Seal rings. It took two months to get them. Mike always kept me updated on the status and was great to work with.
When the engine went together we found that the crank was out of spec. Wasn't Mikes fault on that one but a problem with the crank supplier. Mike shipped out a new one BEFORE we sent the old one back. He covered both shipping costs as well. Problems are to be expected with modifications and customizations. Welcome to the Jeep thing....

Call him about the problem. He will make it right.

Bones :skull1:

Back